none
for adding outlook apps, cannot find the "manage the apps" under "file" tab RRS feed

• Question

• The document said that, if you want to add a app in outlook, you need to:

In Outlook, on the File tab choose Manage Apps.

But I cannot find it under File Tab. Has the function already been activated?

Thursday, July 3, 2014 10:15 AM

Answers

• Hello cegao,

If you don’t see the Manage Apps button, you won’t be able to get apps for Outlook. To get them, you’ll need Office 2013 and Exchange 2013, and your administrator needs to enable apps for Outlook.

You can read more about this in the Get an app for Outlook article.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 10:23 AM
  • Hi Cegao,

When you go to Office Account in Outlook, what version of Outlook do you see? You need to be at least Outlook 2013 SP1 (15.0.4569.1506 or later).

On the corporate network, you can go to http://mysetup to verify the version of Exchange that your mailbox is on. You need either Exchange Online or Exchange Server 2013 SP1 (build 15.00.0847.032 or later).

Since you are a Microsoft employee, MSIT should be able to walk you through this too.

Cheers!

Angelgolfer

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 11:39 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello cegao,

If you don’t see the Manage Apps button, you won’t be able to get apps for Outlook. To get them, you’ll need Office 2013 and Exchange 2013, and your administrator needs to enable apps for Outlook.

You can read more about this in the Get an app for Outlook article.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 10:23 AM
  • Thanks for your answer Eugene, But I am a employee of MS and I use the office professional plus 2013, and I think the exchange should also be the latest version. I also tried to add the office store service in office account tab, but I still cannot see the "manage app" button... 

Could you help me on that? thx

Monday, July 7, 2014 8:41 AM
  • Hi Cegao,

When you go to Office Account in Outlook, what version of Outlook do you see? You need to be at least Outlook 2013 SP1 (15.0.4569.1506 or later).

On the corporate network, you can go to http://mysetup to verify the version of Exchange that your mailbox is on. You need either Exchange Online or Exchange Server 2013 SP1 (build 15.00.0847.032 or later).

Since you are a Microsoft employee, MSIT should be able to walk you through this too.

Cheers!

Angelgolfer

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 11:39 PM
    Answerer