Incorrect syntax near '0x0873' RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to find out the cause of Incorrect syntax near '0x0873'. I created a program. using the program and install the program in RDP server. it work fine before. when got a new RDP server and install the program. when the program call SQL scripts to the database server getting following error.

when the program call the SQL select scripts. got error "Incorrect syntax near '0x0873'".

when the program call the SQL update scripts. got error "Incorrect syntax near '0x0874'".

I have searched the Google but didn't find any helpful solution.

the old server using MS Server 2003 and the new server using MS Server 2008 R2.

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:17 PM

Answers

• This sounds like a question for an SQL server forum.

Without seeing the actual script, there is probably not much anyone can do to help you.

--
    Andrew

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:29 PM
  • I doubt it is a programming issue at all - sounds like a configuration issue with Windows Server 2008.  Note that the ways in which remote desktops are done has changed significantly; its likely your 2003 server was user Terminal Services, which is depreciated.

I would suggest that take this up on a Windows Server forum; be sure to clarify the remote desktop technology that you are using (it isn't clear is this is a multiuser environment or if HyperV is being utilized).

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Monday, January 13, 2014 9:22 PM

All replies

• This sounds like a question for an SQL server forum.

Without seeing the actual script, there is probably not much anyone can do to help you.

--
    Andrew

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:29 PM
  • I doubt it is a programming issue at all - sounds like a configuration issue with Windows Server 2008.  Note that the ways in which remote desktops are done has changed significantly; its likely your 2003 server was user Terminal Services, which is depreciated.

I would suggest that take this up on a Windows Server forum; be sure to clarify the remote desktop technology that you are using (it isn't clear is this is a multiuser environment or if HyperV is being utilized).

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Monday, January 13, 2014 9:22 PM
  • SQL statement are slightly different between different databases.  You need to post the SQL statement.

jdweng

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:52 AM