Errors installing VS 2005 Team Edition (DeleteTemp.exe??) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I downloaded the "VS 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers - DVD" as soon as it was released to manufacturing on Thurs.  Extracted it with IsoBuster, and tried setup.

First thing I got was the error:
    'Setup was unable to copy the file D:\VS\setup\DeleteTemp.exe to your temporary directory. Please make sure that the file exists and rerun setup.'

Went in and found a 'DELETETE' file in the setup folder, renamed it, and tried again.  This brings me to the initial setup screen, but when I select 'install VS Studio' and I get the message:

'A problem has been encountered while loading the setup components. Canceling setup.'

As I recall, I experienced this problem while trying to load the beta a few months ago, as did another user who posted back in April.  That posted solution did not work for me then or now.  This is a clean computer with XP just installed and no previous VS or .NET components installed.  Would appreciate any help-

Thanks,
    Yarin
    Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:41 PM

Answers

• when extracting the iso, make sure you use long filenames.
    Monday, October 31, 2005 6:41 AM

All replies

• when extracting the iso, make sure you use long filenames.
    Monday, October 31, 2005 6:41 AM
  • Yes, got it working- using ISOBuster you need to select the blue link instead of the red ISO link.  This gives you the full filenames and install works.  Thanks!
    Monday, October 31, 2005 1:47 PM