none
Is there any way to know the users which have edit access on my document and have them sent a mail notification when any user makes changes

Question

• I need to know if we can do the same using SharePoint Designer and get the users who have edit permissions on the document.

Any help would be really appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Tegsaran Sodhi

Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:54 PM

All replies

• You can choose or click "Alert Me" option in your document lib. You can receive alerts emails whenever any changes taken place by you or your team.

Thanks & Regards

Lalith

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark as answer, if your issue has been resolved.

Sunday, February 26, 2017 6:15 AM
  • This would send an alert only to me whenever a change is made. I want a mail to be sent to everyone with edit permissions.

Is that possible?

Tegsaran Sodhi

Sunday, February 26, 2017 2:59 PM
  • You can use SharePoint designer workflow with Impersonation step. Once you choose Impersonation step, you can see couple of  "List Actions" in Action Section, which have all edit operations for list.

Please note that, Initially Impersonation step would be gray out. It is enable, once you select steps.

Thanks & Regards

Lalith

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark as answer, if your issue has been resolved.

Monday, February 27, 2017 4:52 AM
  • Hi Tegsaran- you'd have to do this in two steps. First you'd have to get the users manually by checking the document permissions. I would create a SP group and add those people to it. Then you can either use the workflow to email to that group or use an alert for that group. If you're trying to do this automatically, I don't think there's a way.

cameron rautmann

Monday, February 27, 2017 9:21 PM