Installing VC6 compatible (2002 or 2003) SDK on Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2

Frage

• I am trying to install either the October 2002 or the Feb 2003 SDK on a laptop installed with Vista Ultimate 64 bit, SP 2

I need to install a version of the SDK which is compatible with VC6 since we need VC6 to build some legacy plugins.

Previously everything worked fine on my previous machine on which I was running Windows XP.

I have downloaded both SDKs from the Microsoft website.
    However when launching the Setup64.exe, I get the following error message:
    "The image file ...\setup64.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine."

So to get around that I launched IE as an administrator and opened the default.htm file, which then brings up the active content page
    where I can select which components I want to install.
    Everthing goes fine until the "Installation Status" dialog which prompts: "The installer has priviledged access to your system, which is a security risk........To proceed with the installation, click OK;......."

At that point I click on ok and nothing happens, the vista "hourglass" cursor just continues to spin indefinitely.

Has anyone had any luck with a similar setup? Or anyone know a workaround that could do the trick?

Thanks,
    Ralf
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/videoprocessing/
    Mittwoch, 16. September 2009 12:39

Antworten

Alle Antworten