none
How to merge entity customisations? RRS feed

• Frage

• Hi

At our company we have two vritual machines running different instances of CRM for development.  My colleague and I have been customising entities on our seperate machines and would now like to merge our customisations together.  I have used the CRM Customization Comparison Utility to compare two xml customisation files exported from our different CRMs but would like to know what is the best/easiest way to merge the two files?

Dienstag, 9. Februar 2010 13:14

Antworten

• I would export all js scripts, merge them with notepad++. Import customization-file A to B or B to A. Now you need to update the scripts for entities you´ve both worked on and made changes.
    Gruß Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.spaces.live.com
    • Als Antwort markiert hsheild Mittwoch, 10. Februar 2010 12:51
    Dienstag, 9. Februar 2010 13:22
  • Before you import the customisations you could/should merge both customisation files. This is what was meant by Carsten.

Cheers,
    Nils
    Dienstag, 9. Februar 2010 14:20

Alle Antworten

• I would export all js scripts, merge them with notepad++. Import customization-file A to B or B to A. Now you need to update the scripts for entities you´ve both worked on and made changes.
    Gruß Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.spaces.live.com
    Dienstag, 9. Februar 2010 13:22
  • You are right.  However importing a customisation file from A to B only merges the list of attributes for an entity.  The entity forms from A will override the entity forms from B. I'm guessing I have to add the new attributes from B back to the forms overwritten by A by hand.

Dienstag, 9. Februar 2010 14:09
  • Before you import the customisations you could/should merge both customisation files. This is what was meant by Carsten.

Cheers,
    Nils
    Dienstag, 9. Februar 2010 14:20