none
Work flow on Phone Call Entity RRS feed

• Frage

• Hello All,

I have a workflow similar to the one described in Guy Riddle's blog on telemarketing setup for Dynamics CRM. http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/09/03/managing-a-telemarketing-campaign.aspx

I am having trouble getting the phone number field to populate. I am using the Recipient field for the Contact and the Regarding field for the company. Can someone explain which field I should choose in the form assistant for the Phone Number field?

I have also added a drop down to the form that will let our people choose the priority of the phone call that is created by the workflow. This field doesn't seem to be available to me in the workflow. How can I map a custom attribute to the Priority field by workflow?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Montag, 14. September 2009 08:04

Antworten

• Hello Jason,

if the contact is in the Recipient field, it is not possible to get the phone number of the Contact via workflow. You must write a plugin. Via workflow, it is only possible to work with the data / relation in the Regarding field  (here: company)

Do you have published the customisation you made in the phonecall entity? I use new fields in the entity phonecall in my workflows. That should work for you also.

Herzliche Grüße Markus Müller
    Montag, 14. September 2009 11:17

Alle Antworten

• Hello Jason,

if the contact is in the Recipient field, it is not possible to get the phone number of the Contact via workflow. You must write a plugin. Via workflow, it is only possible to work with the data / relation in the Regarding field  (here: company)

Do you have published the customisation you made in the phonecall entity? I use new fields in the entity phonecall in my workflows. That should work for you also.

Herzliche Grüße Markus Müller
    Montag, 14. September 2009 11:17
  • Hi Markus,

Thanks for the info on the recipient field. I can see I'm going to be getting into plugin writing soon!

I have published the customisation. I am using other new fields in the workflow without trouble and I can even reference that field into other fields in workflow, just not priority.

Are the any tricks to setting a task priority in workflow? As I mentioned, I want to set it based on the value of a custome attirbute 'Next Call Priority' which is a drop down.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Dienstag, 15. September 2009 04:06