none
How to import large local repository to DevOps RRS feed

• Frage

• Hi,

I'm about to migrate a rather large TFS team project to a DevOps repository. I'm following the approach to use Git-Tfs, because we have to keep the complete history. This works quite well up to (and including) the point to migrate to a local git repository, which can be kept up to date until the day of migration.

Question: When I try to push the local repository to DevOps via command line, I receive a message telling me that a single push can not be >5GB (which the repoitory is). https://aka.ms/gitlimit tells me to use the import function of the web frontend instead. However I am not able to find out the format of the "copy uri" for my local repository. "file:///driveletter:/path/to/repository" tells me that this is no valid copy uri.

Does anyone know how to enter a local repository for the import?

B.r.

Peter 

Mittwoch, 19. Juni 2019 09:33

Alle Antworten

• Hi Peter,
    beim Import holt sich DevOps die Daten. Das bedeutet, dass DevOps über eine URL auf die Daten zugreift. Dein "file:///..." ist aber keine URL, sondern lediglich für Upload nutzbar. Du solltest Dein *.git auf einem WebServer bereitstellen. Dann sollte auch der Import funktionieren.

--
    Best Regards / Viele Grüße
    Peter Fleischer (former MVP for Developer Technologies)
    Homepage, Tipps, Tricks

Mittwoch, 19. Juni 2019 11:01