none
Turning new feature Flash Fill of Excel 2013 on and off via VBA RRS feed

• Frage

• Hello,

I have huge workbooks containing up to 40.000 names. Now I have recognized that sometimes Excel hangs if I change a value in any cell. This even happens if I delete all the formulas and all the code of the workbook. If I reduce the number of named cells, then it's becoming faster. The curious thing is that this happens only for a few cells - not for all. And it only happens on using Excel 2013.

Now I recognized that if I turn off new feature "Flash Fill" in the options (a new sub-feature of "Auto complete"), then it works fine again. So I thought I could just adjust my application for Excel 2013 and turn it off on starting in Excel. But if I use "Application.DisplayInsertOptions=FALSE", then the option just does not change at all. But if I do it manually and record a macro then exactly that property is set to FALSE. On doing it manually it is then also really deactivated.

Why does this not work via VBA? I think it is just a bug because I have updated my Office 2013 using "Windows Update" by today and the same also happens on another system. What I can do is to set property "EnableAutoComplete" completely to FALSE what works. But then the whole feature is deactivated.

Does anybody have an idea why this is so slow (about 20s after chaning the value in a cell) and why it is not possible to turn off/on this new feature via VBA?

Thanks for your efforts in advance.

Kind regards,
    Dirk

Dienstag, 17. Dezember 2013 14:38