none
Customize the Case Resolution Screen RRS feed

• Frage

• I would like to add a new field to the Case Resolution Dialog box when resolving a case.

The field will be a picklist titled "Customer Satisfaction". 

After selecting Actions-Resolve Case, the dialog box that appears is where i want to add this field however i cant see where to customize the form.

Can you please advise.
    Donnerstag, 11. März 2010 03:45

Antworten

• Hi Morjo,

the case resolution screen is not customizable. The case itself contains already a customer satisfaction picklist. Is it not sufficient?
    • Als Antwort markiert Michael Sulz Samstag, 13. März 2010 10:03
    Donnerstag, 11. März 2010 07:48
  • Just add your function (attachEvent) to the action "resolve case", for example with a popup to enter case resolution, then you´re in sync with the "resolve case process" and don´t need a workaround with a status-field
    Gruß Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.spaces.live.com
    • Als Antwort markiert Michael Sulz Samstag, 13. März 2010 10:04
    Freitag, 12. März 2010 07:46

Alle Antworten

• Hi Morjo,

the case resolution screen is not customizable. The case itself contains already a customer satisfaction picklist. Is it not sufficient?
    • Als Antwort markiert Michael Sulz Samstag, 13. März 2010 10:03
    Donnerstag, 11. März 2010 07:48
  • Thanks for replying Ckeller,

It's just more practical to have the Customer satisfaction picklist on the Case Resolution dialog box as we want our technicians to populate this field when the case has been resolved.

Having the field avaialble on the main case form might entice technicians to pre-populate this field prior to the case being resolved which would not be a good indication of the clients satisfaction level (due to time taken, resolution, etc).

Is there no way at all to add the field to the resolution form? 
    Donnerstag, 11. März 2010 09:00
  • Well there´s no supported way to customize this, because you would modify a system file (aspx). Update Rollups could cause problems with your modification of this system file. So you would end up with an unsupported system.

Maybe a good way would be to hide the view from main screen until the problem is solved and then start entering customer satisfaction. This would be much easier and of course supported

Donnerstag, 11. März 2010 11:51
  • I thought of that however how would I know when the case is resolved in order to show the field before clicking Actions - Resolve?

Donnerstag, 11. März 2010 16:32
  • Just add your function (attachEvent) to the action "resolve case", for example with a popup to enter case resolution, then you´re in sync with the "resolve case process" and don´t need a workaround with a status-field
    • Als Antwort markiert Michael Sulz Samstag, 13. März 2010 10:04
    Freitag, 12. März 2010 07:46