none
Azure Data Catalog not saving objects registered RRS feed

• Question

• I recently setup a free edition Azure Data Catalog in our Azure Tenent as a proof of concept. I registered a few objects to test and this worked fine. The next day, I went to publish more entities and the Azure Data Catalog stated that they had registered however they never appeared in the Catalog. All attempts to publish new objects states that they have registered however they don't appear in the catalog.

I have since deleted the objects that were in the catalog and tried to publish the ones that worked first time however even they don't publish now.

Has anyone experienced this issue? There are no errors at any point and all is saying it's registered correctly

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Alex Readie,

I tried doing the same but, I haven't noticed any issues.

Could you please confirm if you are still having the same issue? Also could you give a try logout of the portal and login back to see if you are noticing the same behavior.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:40 PM
  • I'm definitely having the same issue and a login logout isn't resolving the problem.
    Friday, September 20, 2019 1:51 PM
  • Hi Alex Readie,

Could you please re-register the Asset and check the Azure Data Catalog Desktop Registration Tool log in this location - %AppData%/AzureDataCatalogErrorEventLogProd.log, to see if there is any info related to the issue. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:04 PM
  • Hi Alex Readie,

Following up to see if you have got a chance to look at the logs as mentioned in the previous comment? Let us know if you are still having issues.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:09 PM
  • Hi there, 

Following up to see if your issue was resolved?

Thank you

Friday, September 27, 2019 5:21 PM
  • Hi

I've looked through the log and can't spot any errors. 

Monday, September 30, 2019 9:57 AM
  • Hi Alex,

If you have a support plan you may file a support ticket, else could you please send an email to AzCommunity@Microsoft.com with the below details, so that we can create a one-time-free support ticket for you to work closely on this matter. 

Email subject: <Azure Data Catalog not saving objects registered>
    Thread URL: <https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ff68a0c4-6121-40d5-a9a7-296c9e7f802e/azure-data-catalog-not-saving-objects-registered?forum=azuredatacatalog>
    Subscription ID:  <your subscription id>

Let us know once the email is sent.

Thank you

Monday, September 30, 2019 4:30 PM