none
Error on creating web app with docker compose RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning every one

I'm trying to create a web app with docker compose. The containers I'm using are:

1. PostgreSQL (docker hub)
    2. Drools Workbench (docker hub)
    3. KIE Execution Server (docker hub)
    4. 3 webapps made it with Ruby on Rails (Azure Container Registry)

I was able to upload the docker-compose.yml and following the tutorial from Azure Documentation, but when I execute the command, the shell return this error: Linux Version is too long. It cannot be more than 4000 characters.

I was looking on internet this error and I have got nothing, so I'm very confused right now.

For the moment I'm using my free account (trying to learn how to use Azure) so I don't know if this is a limitation of the type of account or my YAML has some errors. I'm using the version 3 for compose and my 3 web apps developed with Ruby on Rails are on the container registry (I've changed the source of the images in the yaml file).

I really appreciate any kind of answers

Thank you for your time.

(Sorry, but my english isn't the best)

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 11:29 AM

All replies

• Hi fhernrique, can you share with us the documentation you are following? also what command are you executing?
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 11:26 AM
  • I'm encountering the same problem with the spring petclinic microservice. The cause is that the hased docker-compose file is to long.

I would like to supply links and pictures but my account is not verified :/

Thursday, February 28, 2019 10:31 AM
  • Monday, March 4, 2019 3:30 PM
  • i've used this docker-compose file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/spring-petclinic/spring-petclinic-microservices/master/docker-compose.yml
    Monday, March 4, 2019 3:31 PM
  • I'm receiving this same error when trying to deploy eShopOnContainers to AppService.  I tried trimming down the file to be less than 4000 characters but still received the error.

https://github.com/dotnet-architecture/eShopOnContainers

Friday, March 15, 2019 5:28 PM
  • Any updates on this issue? We are deploying a number of micro services as separate containers in AppService and we are hitting this issue. 

Friday, July 12, 2019 7:09 AM
  • The 4000 character limitation is an artifact of where the Docker compose file is stored internally in App Service.  For now the 4000 character limit remains as-is.

However we have logged a bug on our side to refactor how the platform stores this file so that the platform can eventually accommodate a large size.

Thank you everyone that reported this issue.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:48 PM
  • The 4000 character limitation is an artifact of where the Docker compose file is stored internally in App Service.  For now the 4000 character limit remains as-is.

However we have logged a bug on our side to refactor how the platform stores this file so that the platform can eventually accommodate a large size.

Thank you everyone that reported this issue.

Hi Stefan,

Any news on this problem. From what I see from the thread, the 4000 characters is not due to the length on the characters in file, since some of the users have trimmed their files and they still have the problem.

This is affecting the progress of a project I'm working at this time and we can't figure out how to make this work to use the docket image our vendor is providing.

Thanks.

• Edited by alanxr15 Monday, September 16, 2019 3:10 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 3:08 PM
  • Hi Alanxr15,

To help better assist you, can you please tell us your use case of why you need more than 4000 characters for your project?

Thanks,

Grace

Monday, September 16, 2019 11:56 PM
  • Hi,
    Does this mean we can't upload large docker-compose.yml files? or is it related to something else? I tried with a file that has 1600 characters and got the same error. Thanks.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:42 AM
  • Hi Grace,

Thanks for your response.

As another user mentioned, the problem is that even when the files are less than 4,000 characters we still get the error. 

It's not that I need more is that even trimming down the file we still get the same error.

I'm trying to create an azure web app linux using a Docker container wit the following settings

In the Docker tab:

Options : Docker Compose (Preview)

Image Source: Azure Container Registry

Azure Container Registry Options:

Registry: My Azure ACR Name

Configuration File: My .YML file

Thanks for any help that can be provided. This is making us go nuts and delaying our project schedule.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:53 PM