"Failed to Configure TFS Team Project Collection" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying to Configure Test Controller and While Clicking Apply settings I'm keep getting this Message:

"failed to configure TFS team project collection"

this is the problematic part in the LOG I think:

(Thanks in Advance!)

Server stack trace: 
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationSoapProxy.ThrowIfServiceUnavailable(HttpWebResponse response, TfsConnection tfs, String nameOrUri)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationSoapProxy.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationServiceProxyWsdl.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationProxy.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.RefreshMemoryCache()
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.RefreshCachesIfNeeded(Boolean direct)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Controller.TestManagementServiceHelper.IsTestResultsServiceRegistered()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Controller.TestManagementServiceHelper..ctor(ControllerInformation controllerInfo, Boolean expectControllerAlreadyRegistered)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Controller.ControllerConfiguration.HandleTfsUpdatesForNewControllerInformation(ControllerInformation newControllerInfo)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Controller.ControllerConfiguration.set_ControllerInformation(ControllerInformation value)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Controller.ControllerObject.SetControllerInformation(ControllerInformation controllerInformation)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Execution.IControllerCommands.SetControllerInformation(ControllerInformation controllerInformation)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.TestControllerHelper.RegisterWithTfs(String controllerUri, String teamFoundationServerUrl)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.ControllerConfiguration.ChangeTfsRegistration(ControllerConfigurationUpdatePack updatePack, DelegateStatusUpdate statusListener)
    E, 2012/11/19, 13:36:03.114, Failed to configure TFS Team Project Collection.
    I, 2012/11/19, 13:36:03.114, Removing load test database configuration...
    I, 2012/11/19, 13:36:03.114, Removing LoadTest Database settings.
    I, 2012/11/19, 13:36:03.114, Checking whether loadTest database configurations are present.
    I, 2012/11/19, 13:36:03.114, Getting information about controller: LIOR-PC:6901.
    I, 2012/11/19, 13:36:03.114, Creating Channel
    I, 2012/11/19, 13:36:03.130, Found that loadTest database configurations are not present
    I, 2012/11/19, 13:36:03.130, No change was made to the load test database settings as this test controller is not configured with any load test database.
    I, 2012/11/19, 13:36:03.130, ControllerConfiguration: Configured controller with parameters ControllerConfigurationUpdatePack:NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICETeamFoundationCollectionUri=http://lior-pc:8080/tfs/defaultcollection

Monday, November 19, 2012 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hello Elyanison,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

According to the error message, I would like to know if you are working with lab environment. If yes, are there other error messages like warning messages? Maybe you can provide more information.

Also I find an article about Setting Up Test Controllers in Lab Environments that you can refer to configure test controller:

Setting Up Test Controllers in Lab Environments

If you only want to run load test remotely using test controller and test agent, generally we check “Configure for load testing” rather than “Register with Team project collection” in the test controller configuration dialog.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:46 AM

All replies

• Hello Elyanison,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

According to the error message, I would like to know if you are working with lab environment. If yes, are there other error messages like warning messages? Maybe you can provide more information.

Also I find an article about Setting Up Test Controllers in Lab Environments that you can refer to configure test controller:

Setting Up Test Controllers in Lab Environments

If you only want to run load test remotely using test controller and test agent, generally we check “Configure for load testing” rather than “Register with Team project collection” in the test controller configuration dialog.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:46 AM
  • Hello Elyanison,

Have you resolved this issue? Could you get useful information from our reply?

If you have resolved it, please mark the helpful reply as answer.

If not, please let us know the latest news about this issue and the result of our suggestion.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:09 AM