none
Azure

Question

• 1. I wanna know about when i set auto-scaling what is instance count ? how it works?

2. StorSimple it's two-way communication right? when i update file on On-premise it's automatic update on cloud but on the other hand if someone do something with that file on cloud it's gonna update on On-premise too right?

3. What's different between Express-route and Direct-Link?

Please and Thank you.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 8:45 AM

All replies

1. I wanna know about when i set auto-scaling what is instance count? how it works?

Autoscaling is the process of dynamically allocating resources to match performance requirements. As the volume of work grows, an application may need additional resources to maintain the desired performance levels and satisfy service-level agreements (SLAs). As demand slackens and the additional resources are no longer needed, they can be de-allocated to minimize costs. Autoscaling is not an instantaneous process. It takes time to react to a metric such as average CPU utilization exceeding (or falling below) a specified threshold.

Consider whether you can predict the load on the application well enough to use scheduled autoscaling, adding and removing instances to meet anticipated peaks in demand. If this isn't possible, use reactive autoscaling based on runtime metrics, in order to handle unpredictable changes in demand. Typically, you can combine these approaches. For example, create a strategy that adds resources based on a schedule of the times when you know the application is most busy. This helps to ensure that capacity is available when required, without any delay from starting new instances. For each scheduled rule, define metrics that allow reactive autoscaling during that period to ensure that the application can handle sustained but unpredictable peaks in demand.

Keep in mind that autoscaling might not be the most appropriate mechanism to handle a sudden burst in workload. It takes time to provision and start new instances of a service or add resources to a system, and the peak demand may have passed by the time these additional resources have been made available. In this scenario, it may be better to throttle the service. For more information, see the Throttling Pattern

Refer the links which shows work flow of Autoscaling in azure

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/monitoring-and-diagnostics/monitoring-overview-autoscale

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/monitoring-and-diagnostics/insights-autoscale-best-practices

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/best-practices/auto-scaling

2. StorSimple it's two-way communication, right? when i update file on On-premise it's automatic update on cloud but on the other hand if someone do something with that file on cloud it's gonna update on On-premise too right?

Yes. StorSimple provides centralized management in the cloud using StorSimple Device Manager to manage multiple devices. The data movement between the local tier and the cloud tier is seamless and transparent to the user.

3. What's different between Express-route and Direct-Link?

ExpressRoute is an Azure service that lets you create private connections between Microsoft datacenters and infrastructure that’s on your premises or in a colocation facility. ExpressRoute connections do not go over the public Internet, and offer higher security, reliability, and speeds with lower latencies than typical connections over the Internet.

ExpressRoute connections do not go over the public Internet. They offer higher security, reliability, and speeds, with lower and consistent latencies than typical connections over the Internet. In some cases, using ExpressRoute connections to transfer data between on-premises devices and Azure can yield significant cost benefits.

ExpressRoute creates a direct link between the on-premises network and Azure. However, ExpressRoute connections take time to acquire and deploy.

Normal Direct’ connection will often be in an MPLS tunnel on the same fiber as the Internet, or maybe a different strand running right alongside it. What makes this extra troublesome is that (almost) nobody is foolish enough to send sensitive data over the Internet without encryption.

Refer: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/blog/expressroute-or-virtual-network-vpn-whats-right-for-me/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Sandeep BR Thursday, August 23, 2018 5:26 PM
    Thursday, August 23, 2018 5:26 PM
  • Just checking in if you have had a chance to see our previous response. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 8:30 PM