none
Monitor many function apps from application insight in the same time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have many Function Apps (around 20) and I want to monitor all the applications such as performance or resource usage in the same time. Now, I can monitor it one by one using Application Insight.

My question is how can I use Application Insight to monitor 20 Function Apps in the same time.
    For example, I want to build dashboard to monitor them by Azure tool or PowerBI. Then, I want to drill down each apps from that original dashboard. 

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi AutoEncoker,

Azure Monitor has the ability to query across up to 100 Application Insights and Log Analytics workspaces. Using a function to contain the union statement will make it easier to write multiple queries against the same list of AI instances.

union Update, workspace("contosoretail-it").Update, workspace("b459b4u5-912x-46d5-9cb1-p43069212nb4").Update
    | where TimeGenerated >= ago(1h)
    | where UpdateState == "Needed"
    | summarize dcount(Computer) by Classification

Once you have a Kusto query that contains information from all your apps. You can use Azure Monitor to create reports and dashboards within Azure, or you can export your Kusto query to Power BI to create reports there. Of the two, Power BI will have more options when it comes to implementing things like drill downs.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:05 AM