Failed to Add DSC node. DSC Service is not yet initialized. Check that DSC data is accessible RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have installed LinQ to HPC 2008 R2 on our Head and compute nodes. While adding the compute nodes to the head node, below error is coming

"Failed to Add DSC node. DSC Service is not yet initialized. Check that DSC data is accessible".

I am unable to access the COMPUTECLUSTER instance on the head node (which has been created while setting up the cluster head node). There is no management studio installed.

How can I fix this issue. Please help.

Phani Note: Please vote/mark the post as answered if it answers your question/helps to solve your problem.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 3:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We were able to resolve this after applying the HPC Server pack 2008 R2 SP2. Infact, we redeployed (un & Re installed) the HPC Server pack and the Service packs across the cluster machines and it got rectified.

Regards,

Phani Note: Please vote/mark the post as answered if it answers your question/helps to solve your problem.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:58 AM

All replies

• Experts - Please advice. I am helpless. Not able to proceed further. I could not find any help available on this kind of issue.

Regards,

Monday, September 26, 2011 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

We were able to resolve this after applying the HPC Server pack 2008 R2 SP2. Infact, we redeployed (un & Re installed) the HPC Server pack and the Service packs across the cluster machines and it got rectified.

Regards,

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:58 AM