none
.Net Framework 3.5 - Windows 10 Error 0x80070002 RRS feed

• Question

• Having the same problem as many other people on this and different support forums and I have not found a solution that works or is clear. Every time I try to download .Net Framework 3.5 i get the Error code 0x80070002 and it refuses to install i've tried directly downloading the installer, updating windows 10, and checking for corrupt files as well as multiple other methods and still I have found nothing that works. 
    Sunday, October 18, 2020 8:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Ollboo,

The error code 0x80070002 is usually caused by Windows Update. If you have some problems about Windows Update, you can try to use the DISM tool to repair it. Before the installation, please install all pending Windows updates and temporarily turn off any anti-virus software.

In addition, could you tell me how you install .NET Framework 3.5? You could enable the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel:

#1. Type “Turn Windows features on or off“ in the start search box and open it

#2. Select .NET Framework 3.5(include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, press OK and wait for installing

#3. Restart your computer

You can also download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and run the following command line to install it:

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs

(It is noted that the d represents the drive with installation media.)

If it persists, I need your help to collect some installation logs. Please download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 19, 2020 6:42 AM
  • I've tried running the DISM Tool but it says i need a source folder and I am unsure which folder I need to actually be repairing. I've tried installing it through the turn windows features on or off section already as well as when launching the application that requires 3.5 and it prompts me to download it as well as in my windows updates and directly with the installer online and they all pull the same error. It might also be helpful to note that I have 2 other windows updates which wont go through do to the same error. I downloaded the tool for the installation logs here is the link with the zip file: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7295AEF231F70F26%21105&cid=7295AEF231F70F26 

thank you very much for your help and your time

Monday, October 19, 2020 5:47 PM
  • Hi Ollboo,

It seems that your Windows Update client is already broken, you can try to run the following command at your Command Prompt:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

(Please replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows with the location of your repair source.)

By the way, the vslogs.zip file is not available via the link above, please upload it again so that we can conduct further research.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:07 AM
  • Like I said in my previous post i;ve already ran the DISM Tool and I am unsure where the location of my repair source is or what you mean by that, I tried using  C:\Windows\winsxs since I was told online that's the folder which holds windows operations including updates and I get the error code 0x800f081f and it says the source files could not be found. This link should work for the .zip: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYP9zHyrpVyaUPa39B-v2ME474?e=EGkv0B
    Tuesday, October 20, 2020 4:18 PM
  • Hi Ollboo,

From your logs, I found that some assemblies are not installed. For it, please use the .NET Framework repair tool to repair it.

You could also try to run “sfc /scannow” at the command prompt to repair missing or corrupted system files.

By the way, if you have some issues about Windows update, we recommend you report it in Windows Community for a more professional help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Anna

Thursday, October 22, 2020 10:28 AM
  • The repair tool did not work and ive tried running sfc /scannow already. Thank you for your trying I will seek more professional help now. 
    Thursday, October 22, 2020 4:17 PM