none
Traffic Manager not redirecting to priority web app RRS feed

• Question

• Issue: Traffic Manager not redirecting to priority web app

I would like to report a potential defect or issue with the Traffic Manager in the new Azure Portal. I created two endpoints with endpoint1 going to web app 1 and endpoint2 going to web app 2. I tested out the web apps to be working and balancing was observed prior in weighted mode. But in Priority mode, I tried two logical priorities and in both scenarios, traffic manager directed my traffic to endpoint 2 web app 2. 

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Kathleen, 

I tried to repro this in my environment and my traffic manager was working as expected. One thing I did notice was that I had to clear my browsers cache or use incongito mode as the first site I was hitting was getting stored in the cache and not allowing me to reach the second. 

Can you try clearing your cache and see if that helps? 

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:05 PM

All replies

• Thanks Kathleen. I will test this in my lab and see if I can repro. Will update you once I have completed. 
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:17 PM
  • Hi Kathleen, 

I tried to repro this in my environment and my traffic manager was working as expected. One thing I did notice was that I had to clear my browsers cache or use incongito mode as the first site I was hitting was getting stored in the cache and not allowing me to reach the second. 

Can you try clearing your cache and see if that helps? 

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:05 PM
  • I confirmed it was a browser cache issue. FYI, manually refreshing my google chrome page was not a solution because of the redirect by traffic manager. I did verify the traffic manager redirected to the correct web app using a different browser that had never seen the traffic manager URL. I guess Traffic Manager would be most effective for new site users/never cached web apps. Lesson Learned. If its not mentioned in documentation, I would recommend adding some info on traffic manager and browser caching. 

Thank you for exploring a solution to the issue. 

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:43 AM
  • Thanks Kathleen. Totally agree about adding this into the doc. I will look into that and see if we can get a mention of it into the traffic manager documentation. Appreciate you bringing it to our attention. -Micah
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:47 AM