none
Transtion Replication configure succesful but data not transfer RRS feed

• Question

• hi

Transitions Replication configure successful but data not transfer, For testing proposed I have created table but table also not showing secondary server .Please suggest me what kind of regions.  

ajitkumar

Friday, December 20, 2019 11:09 AM

All replies

• after creating transaction replication, you will need to add the tables you want to replicate. did you do that?

if not, please do that.

Also check and make sure replication jobs are running - log reader and distributor should be continuously to see change as soon as possible on the secondary server.

i recommend searching on youtube for transactional replication to see some demos.

Hope it Helps!!

Friday, December 20, 2019 1:23 PM
  • Hi ajit,

There are usually several stages in the process of creating a publication and synchronizing it.

it's not clear where the error happened based on your descriptions.

Troubleshooting replication errors please refer to this article.

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 23, 2019 5:29 AM
  • hi

I got this error

TITLE: Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo
    ------------------------------

Start failed for Job 'POC-SQL01-mirror-psplpoc-POC-SQL02\MSSQL-3'.

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=14.0.17285.0+((SSMS_Rel_17_4).180821-0238)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Start+Job&LinkId=20476

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

SQLServerAgent Error: Request to run job POC-SQL01-mirror-psplpoc-POC-SQL02\MSSQL-3 (from User POC-SQL01\Administrator) refused because the job is already running from a request by User sa. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 22022)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&ProdVer=14.00.1000&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=22022&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

ajitkumar

Monday, December 23, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Hi ajit,

For this error, you should first detect the state of that SQL job.

You can manually open Activity Monitor and observe if that job is currently running or not. A database administrator might be required to perform the following steps on the database server.

Open SQL Management Studio on the database server;
    Connect to the database engine;
    In Object Explorer, expand your server, expand SQL Server Agent;
    Right-click Job Activity Monitor;
    Click View Job Activity.

If running, you can either stop it and start it again.
    If the job appears to ran successfully and is in the idle state, a restart of the SQL Server Agent might resolve the problem. This can be done from the SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Best regards,

Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 23, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Let me first confirm have you configured Mirroring or Transactional Replication ? I am little confused with your post

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Monday, December 23, 2019 7:19 AM
  • hi Shashank ,

mirror is my database name, I faced the issues when I was configure the replication jobs not run

ajitkumar

Monday, December 23, 2019 9:17 AM
  • The error posted above says the job refused to start because it was already running. So, nothing wrong here. Can you confirm that the table you wanted to replicate has been added to the replication list. There are few steps involved to add a table to replication.

Hope it Helps!!

Monday, December 23, 2019 10:00 AM