none
Details in Connected Client alerts RRS feed

• Question

• The connected clients reached almost the limit. I need to know who or what services/persons/devices that actually connected to the Redis when this happened. I want know the details.
    • Edited by LiamCo Thursday, March 7, 2019 4:52 PM
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Liam,

In the Azure Portal, there is reporting functionality specifically for connected clients: Available metrics and reporting intervals

This should get you what you are looking for. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

• Proposed as answer by angoyal-msft Friday, March 8, 2019 9:20 AM
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 11:02 PM
  • I cannot view the details of the ConnectedClients of my Redis. I can only view the chart I made such as the Resource, Metric NameSpace, Metric, Aggregation. After creating the chart, I look for the other info but to no avail. I cannot see the details of this ConnectedClient chart..

• Edited by LiamCo Friday, March 8, 2019 12:15 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2019 10:57 AM
  • In looking through additional documentation, the `connected clients` metric is a count and not a value such as IP Address or DNS Name. 

Connected Clients

The number of client connections to the cache during the specified reporting interval. This maps to connected_clients from the Redis INFO command. Once the connection limit is reached subsequent connection attempts to the cache will fail. Note that even if there are no active client applications, there may still be a few instances of connected clients due to internal processes and connections.

And as discussed in the How to troubleshoot Azure Cache for Redis document, there are no strategies detailed for gathering client IP. Please Up Vote and comment on the following User Voice entry: Azure Cache for Redis User Voice

You are also free to email the product group directly: azurecache at microsoft.com to get additional feedback.

Regards,

Mike

Friday, March 8, 2019 9:26 PM