none
Azure SQL Managed Instance RRS feed

• Question

• we are trying to connect the Azure sql managed instance database using Oracle JDBC connection , however getting error msg: 

Error encountered
    [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource adapters:
    [ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection : after 1 attempt(s).
    [ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource".
    The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: The TDS protocol stream is not valid..

-  I am getting the connection string on sql managed instance dashboard for JDBC 

jdbc:sqlserver://;

password={your_password_here};encrypt=true;trustServerCertificate=false;hostNameInCertificate=*..database.windows.net;loginTimeout=30;

wondering am I following the right way or I have to go trough different waY?

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 6:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Purushottam,

Can you detail the jdbc driver version you are currently experiencing this issue with? 

Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server

Download Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server

Also, here is the full connection string information for SQL Authentication. Your connection string seems like it is missing configuration values.

jdbc:sqlserver://{Instance_Name}.database.windows.net:1433;
    database={Database_Name};
    user={User}@{Instance_Name};
    password={your_password_here};
    encrypt=true;
    trustServerCertificate=false;
    hostNameInCertificate=*.database.windows.net;
    loginTimeout=30;

Not sure if you left out sensitive information intentionally or if you are in fact missing required values, such as the FQDN of your instance after jdbc:sqlserver://{instance_name).database.windows.net:1433. The FQDN depends if you instance has a private or public service endpoint. 

Also, can you detail where you are connecting from? Is it from another VM or from an on-premise environment. If it is it from on-premise, is there a route established to the Managed Instance?

Please see: Connect your application to Azure SQL Database managed instance

Regards,

Mike

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 12:50 AM
  • Want to follow-up with you on this to see if you had any additional questions or if this is still an issue. I am going to propose my initial response as the answer. If you identified the issue, can you please post the solution here so as to provide information that may assist other's who are experiencing the same issue. 

Thank you,

Mike

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:14 PM