none
Connecting to Azure Devops from Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio 2015 professional licensed version in my laptop. I Would like to connect to Azure Devops Repos and check out the source code , do the development and check in back. I have added my email address used in Visual STudio 2015 on to AZure devops project users. But i keep getting the error message " you do not have permission to access" Any help on this would be appreciated. Is it something because I do not have VIsual STudio subscription license? Also what is the difference between visual studio package license Vs subscription license? can't i access source code repositories if i use only the package license? please help. Thank you.

Regards,

Raja

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hello Rajagobalan,

Are you sure whoever manages the azure devops repo has given you the proper permissions to access the code? What sort of error are you seeing, can you please provide a screenshot of the error that you're seeing? 

It sounds most likely you're getting a 403 or 401 error and your account probably doesn't have permissions to access the azure devops code base. I would suggest engaging with your AAD Tenant Admin or the Azure Devops Admin to get proper permissions to access the repo. 

The visual studio subscription license sounds like you're referring to an Azure Subscription, and the name of the subscription that you have is called the visual studio subscription. This is a subscription for Azure to purchase and utilize azure resources such as Azure Devops. 

See : https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Visual Studio Package Licensing is for the different tiers for visual studio. 

Please see here : https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/pricing/

Please remember to mark one of the responses as answer if your question has been answered. If not please let us know if there are anymore questions. Thanks

Monday, October 21, 2019 11:56 PM