Not able to deploy solution in sharepoint 2010 server. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have 2 sharepoint 2010 servers. I have created a Buisness Data model type project using vs2010 on one of the sharepoint server and successfully deployed solution on it. Now i want to deploy this solution on other sharepoint 2010 server which does not have VS 2010. I am not able to find setup.bat file as this was present in Visual studio 2008. How can i deploy this wsp file on other sharepoint 2010 server.

I am sure that I am missing some option in VS2010 as this should not be that complex.

Thanks,

Gaurav Dixit

• Moved by Peter JausovecModerator Monday, June 21, 2010 8:22 PM Moving to the RTM forum. (From:SharePoint Development)
    Saturday, June 19, 2010 10:42 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Gaurav,

VS2010 can not support remote deployment. You will need VS2010 on the farm on which you want to deploy your solution.

Hope that helps...

MCPD (PRO: Designing and Developing Web-based Applications by Using the Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0) MCTS (MOSS 2007 - Application Development) MyBlogs
    Monday, June 21, 2010 8:01 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Gaurav,

VS2010 can not support remote deployment. You will need VS2010 on the farm on which you want to deploy your solution.

Hope that helps...

MCPD (PRO: Designing and Developing Web-based Applications by Using the Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0) MCTS (MOSS 2007 - Application Development) MyBlogs
    Monday, June 21, 2010 8:01 PM
  • I think that's not the answer that is needed.

How best top deploy from dev to production?

A nice .bat handling install/upgrades/retractions would be nice!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:17 PM
  • Hi there,

You can also create a package from your project and then deploy this package through powershell script.

Hope that helps...

MCPD (PRO: Designing and Developing Web-based Applications by Using the Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0) MCTS (MOSS 2007 - Application Development) MyBlogs:http://aanuwizard.wordpress.com/
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:12 PM
  • Can you please specify the exact files to copy to the production server from the development folder and then the exact command and steps necessary to "create a package from your project and then deploy this package through powershell script."?

Thanks...

Friday, August 27, 2010 5:50 PM