Hi, I am a netowrk admin and fairly new to Azure
I am looking at the design of a using Azure Active Directory.
I moved our organization to office365 (did not do SSO using ADFS), I was not familiar with Azure AD. Now sometime later, I am looking at using WindowsAzure as a possible solution for cloud file management, using blob storage and VM's, for purposes of backup and collaboration.
When I look at AD, my though is to use SSO, and thinking that office365 has become now my "cloud active directory". office365 is currently not tied to my local Active Directory.
1. If I open a trial account with WindowsAzure, create some VM's how would I connect these to my WindowsAzure AD or would I (I assume this is the office365 directory I already have from signing up with Office365)?
2. Is WindowsAzure a possible solution for file collaboration, without being a developer? or is office365 the solution for this?
3. Does Windows azure provide any capability of syncing files for users between devices? (phone, tablet, pc)
If you have Office 365 you have Windows Azure AD which manages Office 365 users. There are currently two key features of Windows Azure AD available:
* Windows Azure AD Access Control (also known as ACS) - read more here. Used for federated authN. Think of it as of AD FS in the cloud.
* Windows Azure AD Graph REST API. This is programmability of Windows Azure AD. It is what ADSI was to AD in Windows Server. More info here. It's not avail yet, but was already anounced during teched north america last week.
Thank you for that information, I will look through to learn about ACS, as I may use this if I pursue Azure cloud storage.
Regarding the questions I had, and coming from a simple AD environment. If I were to sign up for Azure services, setup a Windows VM, would I then interact with my Azure AD, from office365? Currently as far as I know I only interact with the Azure AD through my office365 portal, and using powershell.
How do I know that I won't be creating additional Azure AD if I sign up for Azure trial?
Also anyone have any input on the following?
1. Is WindowsAzure a possible solution for file collaboration, without being a developer? or is office365 the solution for this?
2. Does Windows azure provide any capability of syncing files for users between devices? (phone, tablet, pc) similar to something like box.net for enterprise, and mozy pro?