none
Unexplained high memory usage across service plan RRS feed

• Question

• We have recently noticed that our memory usage on our dev service plan is running at 90%+ and we are yet to find a reason for it. Upon looking at the historical logs the memory usage seems to saw tooth and I have been unable to find anything that would have triggered the huge drop in memory usage. When looking into the individual memory usage of the services running within the service plan none of them show anywhere near the usage. We have rebuilt and redeployed all services as well as stop/start cycled them several times. When all apps are shut down the usage remains mostly the same. I have checked on kudu and there are no additional processes running that I can.

I am unable to post pictures as my account is still being verified but the app service plan is showing 90-95% memory usage but break down of service usage is showing only a total of 10% memory being used.

Any insights would be helpful!

Friday, July 26, 2019 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Henry,

When did you start seeing this issue? Did you recently make any changes to your app service plan? Are you getting any errors?

If you have already looked at the diagnostics through the  Diagnose and Solve Problems blade for your ASP, saw a full breakdown of memory of sites and processes running on the same ASP then i would suggest capturing a memory dump follow the steps in this blog post. You may also want to consider scaling up your ASP and see if that migrates the issue. 

Thanks,

Grace

Sunday, July 28, 2019 9:22 PM