none
Deploy experiment as a web service is not responding RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to deploy a predictive experiment as a New web service and the process is hanging at the deployment page.  The storage and price plan are greyed out and the progress indicator is just spinning.  It is not timing out, there are no errors in the JavaScript console.  

The Predictive Experiment works in the studio.  I am working through the first lab of the edX DAT263x course and cannot complete this section of the lab.  For the sake of completeness I would like to get this done. 

I verified that there is a storage account tied to my Studio and that the Workspace type is standard and not the free account.

I verified that the storage account is in my azure portal and that I have access to it.  The lack of errors in the JS console and on the page has made this a frustrating issue. 

Thursday, March 7, 2019 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have run the lab of the edX course you mentioned and here are the steps i followed to deploy the web service. 

1. First, I chose the standard free tier and hit the deploy button and the page seems to be stuck without any progress, screen shot below

2. Since this is stuck I chose to create a new web service plan. I also do not have any ML web service plan from previous experiments. This time I named the new plan and hit deploy which processed the request and redirected me to the web service page.

3. I then tested the web service with a default test value and it displayed me the test result. Screen shots below.

Web service page

Test page before submitting

Test result page

I hope this helps you to deploy the web service of your experiment without any issues. Also please check if your browser is allowing popups when you try to deploy the web service.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Friday, March 8, 2019 10:54 AM
  • Hi RohitMungi, I have the same problem, and both the web service deploy keep running without timeout.  The storage account and price plan are grey and cannot be selected.

Please kindly advise.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 3:17 PM