Excel 2003 Help Needed RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client that has a very unusual problem. They are on an SBS 2003 Domain. THey have folders shared and correct permissions are set. Everything worked fine up until a couple weeks ago. Here is the issue and it is not with all systems running Excel, just 4 or 5 and ALL systems are running Office Pro 2003 with SP 3 installed. The issue is that if they try to open some files on the server, the Excel screen quickly flashes and then goes away. Then, they open Excel from the start menu and the left column shows that Auto Recover has recovered recovered the file and asks them which one to save. If they first open Excel from the Start menu and direct File/Open to the Server location the file opens fine. This is mind boggling as like I said, it is not all of the systems that are doing this. I have checked the options settings for the Auto Restore location and all the machines point to their own My DOcuments folder. Should this maybe be changed to a folder on the Server? I just can not figure out why everything worked and then suddenly started doing this.

Andy North
    Friday, April 22, 2011 2:22 AM