none
"Sub Admin" group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I think I am correct in saying that there is not a way to segregate security groups/categories and users so that Admins only see the groups they need to administer and not others?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 7:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

I do suggest not to have multiple admins, because it can cause troubles in the configuration and difficulties to track down the changes.

But you can always define sort of "light-admin" groups with limited admin permissions such as edit resources, manage ECF, manage delegates, but not manage security, manage users and groups, save enterprise global. Then you can duplicate those groups to associate them to a specific category so light-admins from those groups will only be able to manage projects in the category and resources in their RBS.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

I do suggest not to have multiple admins, because it can cause troubles in the configuration and difficulties to track down the changes.

But you can always define sort of "light-admin" groups with limited admin permissions such as edit resources, manage ECF, manage delegates, but not manage security, manage users and groups, save enterprise global. Then you can duplicate those groups to associate them to a specific category so light-admins from those groups will only be able to manage projects in the category and resources in their RBS.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:23 AM
  • Thanks Guillaume
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:31 AM