none
Install Microsoft Antimalware on ARM Azure VM using Powershell RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to find a way to install AntiMalware on an existing Windows Server 2012 VM on Azure created via ARM.

Have tried to follow the documentation for VM's and using the Powershell cmdlet 'Set-AzureVMMicrosoftAntimalwareExtension' however I do not have access to this cmdlet. Have updated Azure Powershell on my local machine but think that the 'Set-AzureVMMicrosoftAntimalwareExtension'  cmdlet hasn't been ported over to the latest Powershell Az module. Cannot find an equivalent either in the Az.Security or Az.Compute service modules.

Can anybody help. The reason why I wan to use Powershell is I want to apply the AntiMalware to existing VM's and supply a configuration consisting of exclusion lists etc and want this to be automated.

Sachin

Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:59 PM

All replies

• What do you mean when you say you do not have access to this cmdlet.  What is the error you are getting.  I am not seeing any issues running this cmdlet on Azure version 5.1.2.  Can you please make sure you are running the latest "Azure" PowerShell module.  Please use 'Get-Module' to check the module version.
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:28 PM
  • I'm following up on this please let us know if there are anymore questions. In order to progress this issue forward, we will need you to reply/respond in regards to the replies above. Thanks
    Friday, October 25, 2019 10:56 PM