none
Notebook VM creation failed RRS feed

• General discussion

• Create Failed

Failed to create or update notebook instance compute. Error details: InvalidTemplateDeployment: The template deployment '5aad2411-db13-4707-80cc-edda0d6ca078' is not valid according to the validation procedure. The tracking id is 'bba6a6ea-4c98-412a-b5f8-93368a3c0c96'. See inner errors for details..

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:31 AM

All replies

• I have tried creating several of these. Only one succeeded. How could i see the 'inner error' for details?hese machine...only one succeeded earlier today
    • Edited by Sean Bani Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:43 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:42 AM
  • Hi Sean,

Could you please let us know how the notebook VMs are being deployed? Are you using the portal or ARM to deploy them? 

We are checking internally for any known issues earlier today.

-Rohit

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:02 AM
  • Hi Sean,

A possible reason for this error message is that you are most likely facing a quota issue in this region thereby restricting you to create a VM that is within the quota limits. The error message not displaying this detail is a known issue and there would be a fix later this week to display the actual error. 

To mitigate this issue could you please try to increase the quota in this region for compute VMs or try to check creation of notebook in a different workspace in a different region?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. 

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:28 AM
  • I instead use remote training clusters and it is working now...looks like the remote training clusters are separate from general computing quota for usual VMs.
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:20 PM