How to create a team project via the web access interface RRS feed

• Question

• I recently registered at https://tfs.visualstudio.com/ to test the new features of TFS 11. When i connect to this project via the Team Explorer 2012 and clicked "New Team Project" the TE opens the web interface where i can create new team projects.

After i installed TFS for my own, i can't find any possibility to create team projects via the web access, so i wonder, how this could be achieved, since i searched the web but did not find any useful resources.

Regards,

Andreas

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Andreas, 

Thanks for your post.

As Alin said, for TFS 2012 Server, you need to new team project using Team Explorer, as far as I know there’s no web interface for us to new team project in Web in TFS 2012 Server. The Web interface applies to new team project in TFS Service.   

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Andreas Funke Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:48 PM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Andreas,

You have to use the Visual Studio Team Explorer to create a project - it is available as part of the TFS install kit, under Team Explorer folder

Thank you,
    Alin,
    PRAKTIK Group
    TFS Hosting and TFS Consulting Services.

• Proposed as answer by Alin Dumitrescu Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:31 PM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Hi Andreas, 

Thanks for your post.

As Alin said, for TFS 2012 Server, you need to new team project using Team Explorer, as far as I know there’s no web interface for us to new team project in Web in TFS 2012 Server. The Web interface applies to new team project in TFS Service.   

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Andreas Funke Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:48 PM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:57 AM