none
Flask Web App - Problem with symbolic links RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I ran into an issue when trying to deploy my flask app on the web app service. I'm getting the following error

Command: kudusync -v 50 -f /home/site/repository -t /home/site/wwwroot -n /home/site/deployments/07bf92524f407c99d248ba5d6b916741ba221989/manifest -p /opt/Kudu/Scripts/firstDeploymentManifest -i ".git;.hg;.deployment;.deploy.sh"
    Kudu sync from: '/home/site/repository' to: '/home/site/wwwroot'
    Ignoring: .git
    Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat '/home/site/repository/include/python3.6m'
    \n/opt/Kudu/Scripts/starter.sh kudusync -v 50 -f /home/site/repository -t /home/site/wwwroot -n /home/site/deployments/07bf92524f407c99d248ba5d6b916741ba221989/manifest -p /opt/Kudu/Scripts/firstDeploymentManifest -i ".git;.hg;.deployment;.deploy.sh"

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:30 PM

All replies

• Are you using a deployment source that's connected in deployment center? If so, can you please try to disconnect and reconnect your deployment source in deployment center?

If the above is not how you're deploying or you did not have success, can you please let us know if you are deploying a simple flask app? Are you running Linux or Windows?

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:41 AM
  • Adding to Bryan's suggestion. If you're attempting to create a symbolic link, it cannot be created. All Azure Web Apps (as well as Mobile App/Services, WebJobs and Functions) run in a secure environment called a sandbox. Each app runs inside its own sandbox, isolating its execution from other instances on the same machine as well as providing an additional degree of security and privacy which would otherwise not be available.

While sandboxed applications can follow/open existing symbolic links, they cannot create symbolic links (or any other reparse point) anywhere.

You could also use a custom container in App Service that lets you make OS changes that your app needs, so it's easy to migrate on-premises app that requires custom OS and software configuration. Checkout these document for more details on this topic: 
    Run a custom Linux container in Azure App Service

Run a custom Windows container in Azure (Preview)

Monday, September 30, 2019 3:05 PM