none
Online retention policy RRS feed

• Question

• Been using MABS for quite some time now and it's great however I noticed lack of a function (or misconfiguration)

In my short-term goals I have retention set to 5 days meaning and Syncronization frequency has been set to every 15 minutes.

When I perform a restore of the database within last 5 days I can choose specific time that I want to restore it from (with 15 minute intervals) which is great however if I go older than that I only get single full backup.

My understanding is that the log backups are being saved in Cloud and that only full backups are available there.

Is there a way to keep those 15 minute transaction logs in cloud and be able to restore not just the full backup but also a more specific point in time restore when it comes to restoring from cloud?

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:59 PM

All replies

• Is there a way to keep those 15 minute transaction logs in cloud and be able to restore not just the full backup but also a more specific point in time restore when it comes to restoring from cloud?

Currently, transaction logs/synchronization backups cannot be backed up to cloud (Azure). Because, the synchronization backup is stored on a different volume in the local storage and when you do online backup to Azure it only backs up the full backup from the local disk that is mapped as a different volume in the local storage.

We request you share this feedback directly with Microsoft Azure Backup Server feature PM using this link. Once submitted, the feature owners will review and take action based on volume and priority of existing feature backlog. 

Thursday, August 1, 2019 7:54 AM