Registering Visual Studio 2008 Express Editions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am unable to register the vs2008 beta 2. I try register the product by clicking register menu under Help Menu form VS 2008 IDE but after getting my userid and pwd the page is showing blank i am not getting any information furture. Kindly help me in registering vs2008 so that i get all the latest update online

Regards

Ramesh.M 

Monday, August 13, 2007 7:23 AM

Answers

• Did you install from the CD-based installation or the web download?

The web download registration should work but we are working through some issues with our CD-based registration.  For the CD-based registration, registration is not mandatory so you should still be able to use the IDE.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 4:59 PM

All replies

• Did you install from the CD-based installation or the web download?

The web download registration should work but we are working through some issues with our CD-based registration.  For the CD-based registration, registration is not mandatory so you should still be able to use the IDE.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 4:59 PM
  •  

Yes it is a CD-Based installation.

Thanks for the reply

Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:17 AM
  • Hi,

I am having the same problem. I downloaded the ISO file and created the CD, installed the program without any problems, but when trying to register the product I get to the Live ID login page and enter the relevant details, but whem trying to load the next page I get this message (displayed in the browser):

Unknown Error

An unknown error occurred while processing your request. This is most likely due to a connection failure. Please try again.

I have tried repeating the process at different times, even with FireFox, but same results.

I am using IE7 on Vista Premium.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Michael

Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:19 AM
  •  

me too - and i trashed the cd and did the web install and that was fine -
    Sunday, September 23, 2007 4:05 PM
  • I have the same with my computer (again Vista). It looks like pattern to Me

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 7:37 PM
  •  Weston Hutchins - MSFT wrote:

Did you install from the CD-based installation or the web download?

I am trying to install Visual Studio C# 2008 Beta 2 tonight from the web, but I am not able to get anything on the registration page.  I enter my credentials for the Passport site, but it then goes to a blank page when I click OK.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 4:26 AM
  • Hi Weston,

I reckon it is time You people dumped the registration thing. I have been buying MS software all my computing life (Since 3.11!) and have always done the right thing as have millions of others - that is how MS got rich you know!

Since XP especially, the registration/activation thing has only caused hassles for those of us who continue to PAY for the software we use - the pirates will always find a way to get around it.

Now even when the great software you produce is provided for free, we get the same problem of registering/activatibg a VALID COPY.

Come on microsoft we have made you - now cut us some slack and ditch the registration/activation garbage!!!!!!

Please

Monday, November 19, 2007 9:48 AM
  •  

I am having problems registering my edition of Visual Studio Express Web Developer 2008.  I just get a blank page when I click on Register this product.  I can't open up the product anymore because I waited too long and can't find anything on the MS Web site that would allow me to register the product.  What am I supposed to do now?
    Saturday, December 1, 2007 12:25 AM
  • If you have the Beta version of Visual Web Developer installed you will not be able to register your product anymore since the RTM versions of the products have been released.  You can uninstall the Beta product and download the RTM version of VWD here: http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/

Monday, December 3, 2007 7:58 AM
  • I downloaded Visual C Sharp 2008 Express Edition. When I try to register, it logs me in and then goes to page that does not load. I do not get an error message, but the page never loads. I have DSL, and it is pretty fast. I have tried multiple times with no sucess. Please help.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:49 PM
  • I have downloaded Visual C++ 08 Express Edition. I have a similar problem. When I click Register Now it takes me to a blank page. The version number is 9.0.30729.1. I have XP Home Edition SP3 with dial up connection. Did you find a solution? Can anyone help?
    • Proposed as answer by OnlineNo1 Friday, June 5, 2009 1:02 PM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 8:13 AM
  • ^^! Just try to use IE instead of Chrome or Firefox. It'll work.I've just tried and it's OK now.
    Friday, June 5, 2009 1:03 PM
  • Yeah... finally used IE to register the product on the 29th day.
    Thank you very much for the answer.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:38 AM
  • I've gone past 30 days on my C# EE 2008, but I'm unable to register it as the links in the dialog box that pops up when I start the program keep taking me to a 2010 registration page, which wants me to open the VS product and then select Help/Register, but I can't open the product to do this.

I don't want to install the 2010 version of C# EE.  What do I do?

Monday, February 14, 2011 3:01 AM
  • [quote]I've gone past 30 days on my C# EE 2008, but I'm unable to register it as the links in the dialog box that pops up when I start the program keep taking me to a 2010 registration page, which wants me to open the VS product and then select Help/Register, but I can't open the product to do this.

I don't want to install the 2010 version of C# EE.  What do I do?[/quote]

cancel that.  It was occuring when I hit cancel to avoid providing personal info.  I made up a name & email & got a rego key.  thanks, sorta.

mcmcalex

Monday, February 14, 2011 3:23 AM