none
SSAS Syncs with a different user RRS feed

• Question

• I try to sync 2 SSAS databases on different hosts located on the same domain. I login SSAS with windows authentication using user MSBI\Admin. When I use SSAS Sync to sync my database with a database in a remote machine I get the error

The server returned the following error: (Either the 'MSBI\hostname$' user does not have permission to alter the '{name of database}' database, or the object does not exist.).

Instead of syncing using MSBI\Admin, it tried to connect with an imaginary user MSBI\[my hostname]$ which causes the sync to fail. I don't know why it changed the login username with another username during the sync.

I'm able to connect to the remote SSAS database using MSBI\Admin without any problem.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your question.

Have you checked the service accounts on both servers? If not, you need to change them to domain accounts. For more details, please see:

How to synchronize two SSAS Servers

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:38 AM
  • Thanks, it worked after I changed SSAS logon to use the domain user on both sides.
    Monday, December 9, 2019 11:53 PM
  • Thanks, it worked after I changed SSAS logon to use the domain user on both sides.

Thanks for your feedback.

Please help close the thread by marking(Mark button) useful reply as answer if you have got the issue solved.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 1:20 AM