[WP8.1] can't publish app update because appcert crash with missing configuration.xml RRS feed

• Question

• I want to publish an update to my app but I am stuck because appcert.exe crashes.

If I attach a debugger when this happens:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException' occurred in System.Xml.dll
    Additional information: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\App Certification Kit\configuration.xml'.

I also notice that the path to appcert is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\App Certification Kit" and in this directory there's a configuration.xml.

This happens on VS2013 pro.

I recently installed "VS 2015 RC community".

Can we run these 2 VS side-by-side ?

I tried repairing VS 2013 but it didn't help.

any solution please ?

Friday, May 8, 2015 8:03 AM

Answers

• I think the problem is (was) more general than this.

Anyways I uninstalled vs2015 rc, and vs2013 then reinstall vs2013.

As for vs2015, I'll wait for the final release, this one is not stable enough for my taste

Saturday, May 9, 2015 9:24 AM

All replies

• Perhaps reinstall the WACK?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, May 8, 2015 2:57 PM
  • I think the problem is (was) more general than this.

Anyways I uninstalled vs2015 rc, and vs2013 then reinstall vs2013.

As for vs2015, I'll wait for the final release, this one is not stable enough for my taste

Saturday, May 9, 2015 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

I had the same problem, and fix it this way,

I copy all the files under the directory (except the language dir's)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\App Certification Kit 

To the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\App Certification Kit

But first i create the folder named App Certification Kit under the 8.1 as it was not there.

After this, it started work properly. 

What i didn't understand is why it still goes and checks under 8.1 as documentation say 10.0 should cover all.

Saturday, May 23, 2015 2:11 PM