none
Storsimple EOL (8000 / SVA 1200) RRS feed

• Question

• I see in the product lifecycle that standard support ends in July 2020 and extended support in December 2022. Does that mean Storsimple won't continue? What's the alternative? What about all the data backups we have in that product? 

https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/lifecycle/search/19605

Monday, March 18, 2019 9:21 AM

All replies

• It’s available till 2022. We will announce about the future version and updates soon.

We currently do not have any ETA on this, It’s going to be updated soon, You may check in Azure  updates

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, March 18, 2019 2:59 PM
  • Yes, extended support is available until 2022, but the following year standard support ends. As the article says "...Extended support includes only hardware replacement and security updates" I don't know if I have a non-hardware-related problem or a security problem I will be aware of.

Could you tell me if the new solution is compatible with the current storsimple, including the old backup snapshots, or maybe I have to migrate?

Our intention was to deploy a Storsimple 8200 but with that news we are thinkin on other alternatives like Panzura.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search/19605

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 4:16 PM
  • @ V.Arranz Yeah. It will be good to create a support ticket. We need to check a few items on your  warranty and collect more information, and also providing more info on the New product, so If you have a support plan, I request you file a support ticket, else please do let us know, we will try and help you get a one-time free technical support. In this case, could you send an email toAzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com referencing this thread. Please mention "ATTN subm" in the subject field. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and look forward to your reply.

Thursday, March 21, 2019 6:00 AM