none
Master & Sub Project Calculations Issue on Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a new Project Online set up which works exactly as I need it to except that Master Projects seem to include Sub Project values on my Summary Screen ie

Example A

Master Project total cost = £100,000

Sub Project 1 total cost = £60,000

Sub Project 2 total cost = £15,000

Sub Project 3 total cost = £25,000

Where for reporting purposes I want it to be:

Example B

Master Project total cost = £0

Sub Project 1 total cost = £60,000

Sub Project 2 total cost = £15,000

Sub Project 3 total cost = £25,000

Within Project 2019 I have un-ticked 'Inserted projects are calculated like summary tasks" how ever this still results in example A.

Can any one offer advice on how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks

Terran

Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:31 AM

Answers

• ccsnet --

I have bad news for you, my friend.  You are asking for the impossible.  The total Cost of a master project is the sum of the Cost value for each subproject.  The master project summarizes all of the data from each subproject, including Duration, Work, variance, etc.  There is no way to force the software to behave otherwise.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by ccsnet Friday, October 25, 2019 4:06 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:24 PM

All replies

• ccsnet --

I have bad news for you, my friend.  You are asking for the impossible.  The total Cost of a master project is the sum of the Cost value for each subproject.  The master project summarizes all of the data from each subproject, including Duration, Work, variance, etc.  There is no way to force the software to behave otherwise.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by ccsnet Friday, October 25, 2019 4:06 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:24 PM
  • ccsnet --

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thank you for the response... I can at least this of other options like flags to remove the data when I use it outside of the Project tool.

Terran

Friday, October 25, 2019 4:07 PM