none
Unable to communicate between the docker containers from the same subnet after using CNI to assing IPs from azure vnet RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to give IP address to docker container from an azure vnet using the azure CNI plugin, I was successfully able to give IP address to containers but they were not communicating with each other.

I created two containers using commands:

sudo ./docker-run.sh alpine1 default alpine

and

sudo ./docker-run.sh alpine2 default alpine

I checked that the IP of alpine1 is 10.10.3.59 and IP of alpine2 is 10.10.3.61 which are the IPs I created inside a network interface as given in the above docs. So they did receive the IPs from a subnet inside vnet but when I ping alpine1 from alpine2 as ping 10.10.3.59, it doesn't work, am I missing something here ? Or I have to do some other configuration after this ?

Monday, May 6, 2019 8:17 AM

All replies

• Greetings,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you please provide us what warning are you facing while running the ping command over the container IP. And also please try that command using root privilages like "sudo ping nodeip".

Regards,

Subhash.V

Monday, May 6, 2019 4:51 PM
  • I dont get any warnings, it just keep the terminal open however I am able to ping my host machine 10.10.3.15 which is also part of same subnet from both of these containers and vice versa.
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:00 AM
  • Hello alokkumar,

Is this issue got resolved or do you need some more help on this?

Regards,

Subhash.V

Monday, May 20, 2019 6:39 PM
  • It did not get resolved, I am not able to communicate between the containers, how do i achieve that ? 

I also tested the same using CNM plugin, using this doc - https://github.com/Azure/azure-container-networking/blob/master/docs/cnm.md

but facing error in the last steps

which plugin I should use for my test case ?

Monday, May 20, 2019 7:04 PM
  • Which version of CNM plugin are you using ? Ideally CNM plugin should work in this scenario. If you haven't gone through this doc earlier then please have a look at this on azure container networking.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:26 PM
  • Hello,

Please have a look at the below checks,

1.install go

2.run azure-vnet-plugin in background --> ./azure-vnet-plugin&

3.create docker network using this command by replacing subnet value with VNET default address space.

docker network create --driver=azure-vnet --ipam-driver=azure-vnet --subnet=[subnet] azure

This should create the docker network.Please let us know on any further queries.

Regards,

Subhash

Monday, May 27, 2019 10:02 AM