none
Render a blender Scene using batch service in .Net RRS feed

• Question

• We tried to make a rendering through azure batch in .Net. It is working in Windows but not in linux. The problem is task command line. I don't know how to pass the suitable task command line to render the blender scene in linux.

/bin/sh -c $AZ_BATCH_APP_PACKAGE_Blender_2_79/blender-2.79/blender --background xyz.blend --render-output //xyz --engine CYCLES -F PNG --use-extension 1 --render-frame 1

/bin/sh: $AZ_BATCH_APP_PACKAGE_Blender_2_79/blender-2.79/blender: No such file or directory

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:37 PM

Answers

• Thank You Andrew.

Based on your guidance i'm choosed the Image Type is 'Graphics and Rendering' and it has the preinstalled blender.

The command Line for the linux to render a blender scene is 

/bin/bash -c 'set -e; set -o pipefail; blender -b $AZ_BATCH_TASK_WORKING_DIR/xyz.blend --render-output xyz --engine CYCLES -F PNG --use-extension 1 --render-frame 1; wait'

awesome support and reply.
    • Marked as answer by Akila P Monday, July 8, 2019 6:10 AM
    Monday, July 8, 2019 6:01 AM

All replies

• Looks like we have a doc using Linux instead of windows

https://github.com/Azure/azure-batch-rendering/tree/master/plugins/blender

Check the above link and see if it helps. 

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:12 PM
  • Any update on this? 

If a answer was useful remember to "Up-Vote" and "Mark as Answer" so others in the community can easily find it. 

Friday, June 14, 2019 10:42 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you Micah.

I'm using application in the batch Account not using plugins in Blender.  

Monday, June 17, 2019 5:43 AM
  • Thanks for that. To confirm, is this the doc you are following? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/batch/tutorial-rendering-batchexplorer-blender

Obviously using Linux instead of Windows though

Monday, June 17, 2019 5:24 PM
  • Hi Akila,

The command line "looks" OK. You could check what user your task is running under. pool/admin might help you out if the issue is that it cannot find the blender exe from the application package or it does not have permissions to it. 

Also, you can SSH into the node to check the location of the application package and see if your command line is correct. 

The application package should be unzipped in the following location.

/mnt/batch/applications

You should also be able to browse the files on the node with either the Azure portal, or Batch Explorer. 

Here is a command line for Ubuntu that we use successfully: 

"commandLine": "$AZ_BATCH_APP_PACKAGE_blender_linux_2_79b/blender -b \"$AZ_BATCH_JOB_PREP_WORKING_DIR/[parameters('blendFile')]\" -o \"[parameters('jobName')]_####\" -f {0} -t 0 [parameters('optionalParameters')]",

Email me directly at andrew.scobie[at]microsoft.com if you would like any further assistance. 

Thanks

Monday, June 17, 2019 9:47 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you.

I'm using parallel file processing -.Net.  I'll check the Ubuntu command in my application. If I have any doubts i'll ask you.

• Edited by Akila P Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:30 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:17 AM
  • Thank You Andrew.

Based on your guidance i'm choosed the Image Type is 'Graphics and Rendering' and it has the preinstalled blender.

The command Line for the linux to render a blender scene is 

/bin/bash -c 'set -e; set -o pipefail; blender -b $AZ_BATCH_TASK_WORKING_DIR/xyz.blend --render-output xyz --engine CYCLES -F PNG --use-extension 1 --render-frame 1; wait'

awesome support and reply.
    • Marked as answer by Akila P Monday, July 8, 2019 6:10 AM
    Monday, July 8, 2019 6:01 AM