none
Resumable download for Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We are using Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 storage.

For downloading a file from ADLS Gen2 , we invoke Read rest call.

In case of a download failure, when we try to download the file again from that point,  we need to be able to reposition to a particular byte. 

Could you please let us know, if the API supports it to reposition.

I found the below link, but I think, it works only for Blob Storage. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/storageservices/specifying-the-range-header-for-blob-service-operations

Thanks,

Ramya

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramya

By default, we don't have this feature available in Data Lake Gen2

But, We now have Azure Data Lake Gen2 inter operatibility features over REST API's (which is in Preview Mode) which means you can use Blob API's even dealing with Data Lake Gen2 which holds the range operators also applicable over Data Lake as well.

Reference Link:- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/data-lake-storage-multi-protocol-access

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 6:12 AM
  • Thanks Kumar.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 8:54 AM
  • Hi

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the posts that helps you , this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:53 AM
  • Hi Kumar,

Restart download is working after adding the below in Read Rest call of ADLS Gen2.

a) "bytes=12517376-" in Shared Key signature and

b) "Range" header with value "bytes=12517376-".

Note: I have invoked ADLS Gen2 API - Read rest call for this to work, but not  Blob API .

Thanks,

Ramya

• Edited by Ramya_G Wednesday, November 6, 2019 5:48 AM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 5:47 AM