none
Resource Form in Projects 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to print the Resource Form in Projects 2013 and it errors with 'Print is not available currently'.  there has been lots of responses but none advising what the fix is.  Using the Resource Usage is not the same as you are unable to list the ID and task the activities are assocatied with.  Does anyone know is this has been resolved yet? Thanks
    Monday, October 28, 2019 12:35 AM

Answers

• kithaes,

I think the message, "print is not available currently", is a misnomer. It was handled better in previous versions that simply greyed out the Print menu item when in the Resource Form view. In other words, the Resource Form view is simply not a printable view, like a few other views in Project.

You mention that the Resource Usage view is not acceptable by noting the task ID is not shown. If that's all you want to see, you can add the task ID as custom field for the assignment lines on the Resource Usage view. This can be done either manually, or with a simple macro (see Wiki article: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32051.ms-project-extra-fields-in-views.aspx)

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, October 28, 2019 2:43 AM

All replies

• kithaes,

I think the message, "print is not available currently", is a misnomer. It was handled better in previous versions that simply greyed out the Print menu item when in the Resource Form view. In other words, the Resource Form view is simply not a printable view, like a few other views in Project.

You mention that the Resource Usage view is not acceptable by noting the task ID is not shown. If that's all you want to see, you can add the task ID as custom field for the assignment lines on the Resource Usage view. This can be done either manually, or with a simple macro (see Wiki article: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32051.ms-project-extra-fields-in-views.aspx)

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, October 28, 2019 2:43 AM
  • thanks John - I did load extra columns into the Resource Usage form but it is not the same as the Resource Form.  I will look at the macro and see if this helps.  Many thanks John for giving me some information.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 3:10 AM
  • kithaes,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:34 PM