none
Differences between Excel Azure ML and Azure ML? RRS feed

• Question

• What are the main differences with these products? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/studio/excel-add-in-for-web-services

At first glance, it looks like I can only use published models but I can't create them in Excel? Is that true?

• Edited by ResidentX10 Monday, September 9, 2019 2:11 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2019 2:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Azure ML allows you to train and deploy models (via web services). The Excel ad-in allows you to interface with existing web services. Using the Excel ad-in, you can easily select columns to use as input/output while running the predictive model, but there is currently no option to modify the workflow or schema within Excel. For more information on Excel ad-in for Azure Machine Learning Studio web services, please read the following. Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Regards,

Azure CXP Community.

• Marked as answer by ResidentX10 Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:16 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:06 PM
  • Hi,

We value user feedback. Please feel free to provide feedback about this feature on the Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Feedback Forum. It would be helpful if you can mention specifically the machine learning ad-in you’re referring to, as well as new features you'd hope to see in the future. Thanks.

Regards,

Azure CXP Community.

• Marked as answer by ResidentX10 Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:22 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Azure ML allows you to train and deploy models (via web services). The Excel ad-in allows you to interface with existing web services. Using the Excel ad-in, you can easily select columns to use as input/output while running the predictive model, but there is currently no option to modify the workflow or schema within Excel. For more information on Excel ad-in for Azure Machine Learning Studio web services, please read the following. Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Regards,

Azure CXP Community.

• Marked as answer by ResidentX10 Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:16 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:06 PM
  • In the past, during Excel 2010-2013, we had an ML addin. 

Will this tool be further developed? Excel is simply wonderful for doing data munging. 

Can I make comments about on the Excel uservoice? 

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:18 PM
  • Hi,

We value user feedback. Please feel free to provide feedback about this feature on the Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Feedback Forum. It would be helpful if you can mention specifically the machine learning ad-in you’re referring to, as well as new features you'd hope to see in the future. Thanks.

Regards,

Azure CXP Community.

• Marked as answer by ResidentX10 Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:22 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:31 PM