none
Message object properties have strange data id RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using a .pst specification to analyse its files. I've come with the problem that some properties can have strange data id (HNID) - I've met so for PidTagTransportMessageHeaders(0x007d), PidTagRtfCompressed(0x1009), PidTagHtml(0x1013), of binary and string types. Such id is not HID and Message Object node does not contain a subnode with NID like this. Common thing I've noticed about this ids - they all ended with xf byte (the most significant half varies).

How can I get data for properties like these?

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 4:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Aleksei, thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:39 PM
  • Hello Aleksei -

I'll help you with this inquiry. Can you please share .pst file so that we can have a look at these strange properties? Please send it to dochelp@Microsoft.com for further analysis.

Thanks

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:40 PM
  • Hi Tarun,

I've sent an email with link to one .pst file with the problem to provided address.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 10:39 PM
  • Thanks; we have received your file

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:28 AM
  • Updating the thread with the conclusion -

Per our discussion, we are aware of the fact that the issue is with .OST files ONLY. .OST file format is largely identical to the .PST format specified in MS-PST but we currently do not publish .OST specification and have no plans in the future.

If the issue happens with .PST file, we can surely assist you as it falls under the preview of our support boundary. However, we do not support .OST format and unfortunately will not be able to provide much guidance as the issue does not happen with .PST file format.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:55 PM