when chain's long goes more than 10000 blocks migrate my contracts failed on the network because of Error: Contract transaction couldnt be found after 50 blocks RRS feed

• Question

• I have a network  consist of 2 mining nodes and 1 transaction node , after while of successfully migration of my smart contracts I trayed to migrate my contracts again but migration to the network  failed because of Error: "Contract transaction couldn't be found after 50 blocks"
    I trayed to restarted my transaction vm  and mining vm but then I got an  error that local geth can't be attached and on my admin panel I found that error
    "
    Waiting on local geth node to boot"
    this error happened with me 4 times with 4 deferent networks when chain goes tob from 10000 to 15000 blocks
    so
    Why my client failed to async with my azure network after 10000 blocks long 
    and why when I restart my nodes geth client never boot again 
    note that I am afraid to got this error on production 
    thank you for your help 

• Edited by hassan shaddad Monday, December 10, 2018 11:38 AM spilling
    Monday, December 10, 2018 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi, we'll need to gather some more information to help diagnose your issue.

You say you are migrating some contracts, what tool are you using to do this? Where are you seeing the error message that transaction was not found after 50 blocks?

It's also worth noting that you seem to be using our Proof-of-Work Ethereum templates, which will soon be deprecated. I would recommend using our Proof-of-Authority templates instead, which is much more robust for private network scenarios. You can find a link talking about this template here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ethereum-proof-of-authority-on-azure/

Thanks,

Microsoft Azure Blockchain Team

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 6:35 PM
  • thank you for your advice 
    now I moved to poa consortium I used my admin account to deploy my contracts and every thing is fine
    but when I used web.eth.sendRawTransaction to use my contract setter function with my admin account
    Transaction return a transactionhash but never submit data to network and never save the data to block
    i used the same function with pow and it was worked fine and save data 
    this is the code i use
    web3.eth.getTransactionCount(adminAddress, function (err, nonce) {
         var data = web3.eth.contract(abi).at(address).AddNewPerson .getData(function parameters);
         var rawTx = {
           nonce: nonce+1,
           gasPrice: web3.toHex('0'),
           gasLimit: web3.toHex('0'),
           to: address,
           value: '0x00',
           data: data
         }
         var tx = new ethereumjs(rawTx);
      alert(rawTx.nonce);  
         tx.sign(adminPK);

var raw = '0x' + tx.serialize().toString('hex');

web3.eth.sendRawTransaction(raw, function (txErr, transactionHash) {

console.log("TX Hash: " + transactionHash);
           console.log("Error: " + txErr);

});

} );

please help me again

Thursday, December 13, 2018 2:18 PM
  • Hi,

I see that you created a new thread for this question. Let's continue the discussion there.

Thanks,

Microsoft Azure Blockchain Team

Thursday, December 13, 2018 5:08 PM