VMware to Azure Migration without Vcenter credentials and no Assessment tool installed on Vcenter. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are planing to migrate VMware to Azure, but customer denied to give Vcenter Details, and credentials, but we need to run Azure migrate assessment tool in vcenter to discover VM, and network configuration, but how can run assessment without azure migrate assessment tool, how can get the vm details of on-prime. Please help me to migrate with out azure migrate tool.           

Thank You,

Thursday, November 28, 2019 9:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can use import based assessments by downloading the csv template. For more details check this link - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/migrate/tutorial-assess-import 
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 10:41 AM
  • Thank You SadiqhAhmed for the URL.

I have few more doubts

What if server is not connect to AD.

What next step need to take to do the assessment. 

how can i discover the Vm without Server Name (FQDN) 

Regards Sandeep V

Thursday, November 28, 2019 12:02 PM
  • Hello,

Can i Migrate Vmware to Azure without using azure migration tool, or without Vcenter Credentials, or any tool installed in Vcenter or VMware Environment.

Thank You 

Regards Sandeep V

Thursday, November 28, 2019 4:55 PM
  • Can you elaborate more on your ask with a little background about your environment?
    Friday, November 29, 2019 3:59 AM
  • Im an Azure Administrator, who is handling the Migration.

Customer using VMware Environment, Hosted in Ctrls Data center.

When we started the migration, we asked for the Vcenter Details to customer, 

Customer taking support from the Ctrls Vendor, So ctrls Manager denied for the Vcenter Details, because some of the Vm are hosted for different customer in same Vcenter. (Security Issues) 

so how can i migrate the without Vcenter Credentials, and not installing any Ovi file in the Vcenter.

Regards Sandeep V

Friday, November 29, 2019 5:03 AM
  • Import-based assessments would help you assess if you are not able to deploy an appliance, or if you would like to avoid sharing information like IP address.  

For assessments - if your client is not sharing vCenter credentials, you can add the VMs directly for discovery using the physical server assessment option or use import based assessments as well. In the physical server assessment option, you can just deploy the appliance and let the appliance discover the configuration and performance data of the servers. Since the performance data is gathered by the appliance, one gets better estimates in this case. In import-based assessments, you need to provide the server information and can run performance-based assessments, but would have to specify the utilization values yourself.  

If you're not able to share the server names in the assessment stage, you can proceed with import assessments and mask the actual server names while importing the server information.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:18 PM