none
'Endpoint Protection not installed on Azure VMs' When a Windows Defender ATP Client is used RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using the Windows Defender client on my VMs as the main endpoint protection software And have it reporting security alerts to the 'Security Center' dashboard.

Why do I keep getting the "Endpoint Protection not installed on Azure VMs" warning with the option to install 'Microsoft Antimalware'?

Is Windows Defender ATP is not considered as an Endpoint Protection by the security-center ?

Thank you.

• Edited by CloudMe Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:28 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2019 1:10 PM

Answers

• Is Windows Defender ATP is not considered as an Endpoint Protection by the security-center ?

Actually, Azure Security Center integrated with Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection gives you comprehensive Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) capabilities. To know more, you can check this documentation.

For the message that you are receiving - I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in this document to enable the Endpoint Protection.

You can also check this document for Microsoft Antimalware for Azure Cloud Services and Virtual Machines

Let us know if this works out. If not, suggest you to post a screenshot of the message, if possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:30 AM