none
SharePoint 2013 workflow 2010 is broken from the inside RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi team, I need some help from you guys. 

    I created a reusable workflow, and applied it to some sites. It is exported as a sandbox solution, and uploaded to different sites.

    They work well before, but recently the workflows are broken from the inside, here's the detail:

    There's a Approval Process action, and but now some of the variables are changed to a value like: ID200:ReturnValue, when I click on it, it shows empty value.

    

    Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:08 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Is there any error message or exception when the workflow is running? Have you recently done any changes that might cause this issue? 

    The variables won’t get changed automatically. You can modify the variables back via Edit workflow > Approval Task > Customization. 

    You can also add “log to the Workflow history list” and run the workflow again to see the result. Workflow history helps to locate where the workflow malfunctions.

    Best regards,

    Chelsea Wu


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

    Friday, August 16, 2019 6:15 AM
  • Hi,

    I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

    Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

    Thank you for your understanding.

    Best regards,

    Chelsea Wu


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

    Monday, August 19, 2019 5:15 AM
  • Hi, we didn't change the workflow, that's why it is strange.

    The workflow stops when it goes to this invalid step. Seems the field is detached from the list/workflow. 

    Monday, August 19, 2019 7:13 AM
  • Hi,

    You can check ULS logs or Event Viewer or any possible error in this site.

    I suggest you modify and republish this workflow and see if it works. If this issue happens in all lists, it is better to recreate this workflow. 

    Best regards,

    Chelsea Wu


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

    Monday, August 19, 2019 7:48 AM
  • Hi, the problem is that we don't when does it happen, it's very difficult to check in the log. Meanwhile, it does not happen in all lists. I have tried to re-create, and yes, it works for some days. But it breaks some days later, we need to identify the root cause. Any suggestion?
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 2:45 AM
  • Hi,

    I don’t think we can identify the root cause if there are no logs to investigate.

    If the issue is related to specific lists, I suggest you use List Workflow instead of Reusable Workflow and test with the issued lists. Update the related field in the lists, rename the column or create a new column and see the result.

    Best regards,

    Chelsea Wu


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:42 AM