How can I limit thenumber of old test results in Visual Studio 2012? RRS feed

• Question

• Until VS 2012, the Tools/Options dialog had a section "Test Tools" where we could limit the number of old test results. I cannot find anything similar in VS 2012. So my harddrive fills with test results and I have to manually delete the hundreds of folders over and over again. 

Where has this settings moved to?

there is no obvious good forum for this question so I place it in "Setup and Installation".

Friday, September 7, 2012 11:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi thomas,

I am moving your case to the Test forum as your issue is test related.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, September 10, 2012 4:55 AM
  • Hi thomas,

You could get it in VS2012: Test->Options->Web Performance Test Tools->Test Execution.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Monday, September 10, 2012 7:30 AM
  • Hi thomas,

I mark the answer, please check it. If no help, you could unmark it. If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Friday, September 14, 2012 1:50 AM
  • And how about for Windows Forms Application?
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:01 PM
  • That option in "Test->Options->Web Performance Test Tools" doesn't work for unit tests. But in VS2010 similar option works for unit tests. I suppose that it's a bug. I've found a workaround for this bug by specifying setup script in test settings that removes all test results except the last one. The script:

FOR /D %%I IN ("%TestDir%\..\*") DO (IF NOT "%%~fsI"=="%TestDir%" rmdir "%%~fsI" /s /q)

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:42 PM