none
Workflow, Highest Rated Discussion Board Post, and Announcements RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to get my Announcements feed to automatically create a new post daily with what the currently highest rated discussion board post is. The goal is to keep folks interested in a crowd sourcing initiative and to show off what some of the current ideas are. 

I am attempting to create a workflow to do this, but I am at a loss.

Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:33 PM

All replies

• Do you use SharePoint 2013 onpremise?

As I know, there is no SPD workflow action to query? If you just want to use workflow, you can try to use Call HTTP Web Service action to get highest post (not sure if it is feasible)

I suggest you implement a daily timer job or a console application to query and create new post, use server object model is fine.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Friday, August 9, 2019 1:44 AM
  • Hi jfplourd,  

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, August 9, 2019 6:41 AM